About 123.hp.com/oj5255 Printer
The 123.hp.com/oj5255 is a brand new printer all-in-one wireless printer. The printer performs to print, scan, copy, and fax all in one device and ease of use. Fax support auto fax reduction, color, auto -redialing, fax broadcasting, and fax forwarding. The resolution of the printer is 300 x 300 dpi. Fax transmission speed is 5 second per page. The printer provides a wireless with the steady performance. It supports USB 2.0 and the 123.hp.com/setup 5255 – Bluetooth. In addition, the printer has 2.2-inch Hi-res Mono LCD to check status and change settings. The HP Smart app help you to set the wireless printer, scan and print documents from social media, iCloud, Google Drive, and Dropbox. It holds 100 sheets of paper in the input put tray. The duty cycle for the printer is up to 1000 pages monthly. The minimum system requirement for the computer, in Windows, 10/8.1/8/7. 1 GHz CPU, 2 GB HDD space, CD/DVD drive to insert the CD for driver installation. For Mac, OS X v10.10/v10.11/v10.12, 1 GB HDD space, and USB port. The internal memory for the printer is 256 MB.
HP Officejet 5255 Specification
One of the HP Officejet 5255 specs is the duplex printing, that prints paper on both sides of paper automatically. The print resolution for the b/w is up to 1200 x1200 dpi and for the color it is 4800 x 1200 dpi. The 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer speeds up to 7 pages per minute for color and 10 pages per minute for b/w. The copy resolution of the printer is up to 600 x 300. The compatible cartridges support is HP 63 black and tri-color instant ink cartridge. The maximum paper length is about 14 inches and width is 8.5 inches.
Instant 123.hp.com/setup 5255 Unboxing
To start the HP Officejet 5255 setup, first, unbox the box and remove all the cover inside the box. Inside the box, there are HP OfficeJet 5255 printer, HP 63 Black and 123.hp.com/setup 5255 Tri-color ink cartridge, power cord, setup guide, and the printer driver installation CD.
Make sure all the items are present inside the box, take out all the and keep aside. Choose a comfortable place to keep the printer. Carefully hold the printer on both the hands and take it from the box. Remove the cover from the printer.
Place it in the place where you get fresh air flow. After you place the printer, take out all the tape and packing material from the printer. Remove the tape on the printer’s control panel. Open the ink cartridge access door to remove all the tape and prospective paper inside the printer and close the ink cartridge access door.
Open the input tray towards you and remove the packing tape inside the paper tray. Push the input tray till it reaches its place. Close the input try door. Plug in the power cord to the rear of the printer and another cable to the power outlet.
Press the printer on button to switch on. If the printer did not on, remove the power cable and reconnect till the printer connects. After the printer is on, the display prompts to select your preferred language and country/region to set up the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer.
Choose the required filed and click Yes to confirm. If prompted, set the date and time and choose the Yes option. The start screen display on your printer’s control panel. Next, install the ink cartridges. Open the ink cartridge access door.
The carriage moves to its place. Wait till it reaches its place and become silent to proceed. Unpack the install ink cartridge from the cover. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides and clear away the plastic tape from the ink cartridge. Do not touch the copper-colored contacts or the ink nozzles. It results in ink failure and bad electrical connections.
Lift the lid in one of the ink cartridge slots and insert the ink cartridge into the respective slot. Make sure you install the color ink cartridge on the left and black ink cartridge to the right side. Close the lid on the ink cartridge slot.
Repeat the steps to install the other ink cartridge. After you install, Select the Ok option on the printer’s control panel. Close the ink cartridge access door. Open the input tray to load papers. Slide out the paper width to the extreme side.
Place the paper inside the tray with the print side facing down. Make sure you do not load more than 250 sheets at a time because it leads to paper jam error. Slide the paper width guide until it touches the edge of the paper.
Push the input tray extender into the printer and select the Done option on the Printer’s control panel. Pull out the output tray and lift the output tray extender to get the printout.
Quick HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Protected Setup
The WPS has two methods, push button and PIN. It connects your device to a wireless connection. To do 123.hp.com/setup 5255 on a wireless network, Make sure the network connection is in the working condition. The wireless router should have a physical WPS push button. Connect the printer and computer to the same network. The Push button is one of the simple ways to set up the printer on a wireless network. On the printer’s control panel, from the Home screen, press Wireless. Choose the Settings options. In the Wireless Settings, click Wi-Fi Protected Setup. Click Yes to confirm the setup. Choose the Push Button Setup option and click Start.
Press the WPS button on the wireless router. Wait till the printer receives a network connection from the router. The connection successful screen display on the screen click OK. To connect in PIN mode, make sure the printer is on and connect to the network connection. On the printer’s display, click Wireless and choose the Settings menu. Select Wi-Fi Protected Setup. Select the Yes option to confirm. Select the Pin Setup and click the Start option. The WPS PIN display on the screen. Open the wireless access point and enter the WPS PIN. Wait for few minutes. If the printer network connection is successful, the wireless light stops to blink instead it remains in the steady mode. After the setup is over, install the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer driver and add the printer to the computer and start to print.
Easy 123.hp.com/setup 5255 Wireless
The HP Officejet 5255 wireless setup is ease. To do 123.hp.com/setup 5255 on the wireless network, make sure the network signal is good. Connect the printer and your computer to the same network connection. If the network signal is weak on the computer, place the computer near to the router for the setup process.
HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup for Windows
- Before you set up the printer on your wireless network, make sure you know the network name and password.
- Turn on the router, printer, and the computer. If you do not know the wireless password, in Windows, in the Start menu, type view network connection on the search box.
- Choose the View Network Connection from the list of results. A dialog box opens.
- Find the network name and right-click on it. Click the status option. Click Wireless Properties.
- In the Security tab, choose the Show Character checkbox to see the password. Make sure the computer is connected to the same wireless network that you want to connect the printer. Place the printer close to the computer and within the range of the router.
- On the 123.hp.com/oj5255 Printer’s control panel, select the Wireless icon from the home screen. Click the Setup icon. Choose the Wireless Setup Wizard option. The Wireless Settings box display.
- From the list of available network, select the network name and click Ok button to confirm. If you cannot find the network name, select Enter New Network and follow the instructions on the screen to enter the network name.
- If urged, type the password and click Done. The summary screen display. Click OK. If the connection error display, re-enter the password and check.
HP Officejet 5255 Wireless Setup for Mac
- Make sure you know the network name and its password. If you do not remember the password, in the Finder menu bar, Click the Go option and click Utilities
- Open the Keychain Access application. In the keychain list, click Local Items. In the category list, click Passwords. Double-click the network name and click Show Password checkbox.
- Type the password and click Ok. Turn on the router, computer, and the printer.
- Make sure the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer and the computer are connected to the same network connection. If not, disconnect the current connection and re-connect it.
- Do not connect any USB or Ethernet cables from the printer. To connect to the wireless network, on the printer’s control panel, press the Wireless icon.
- Select the Setup icon. In the Wireless Settings, press the Wireless Setup Wizard option. A dialog box opens and lists the available network name. Choose the required network name and click the Ok option.
- If the network name is not in the list, select Enter New Network and follow the on-screen instructions to enter the network name. If urged, enter the password and click Done. The start screen display. Select the Ok option.
- If the connection error appears, check the uppercase and lowercase letters for the network name and the password. After network connects, install the printer driver to the system and add the printer to the Apple device and start to print.
123.hp.com/oj5255 Application Setup
The HP Officejet 5255 AIO application is now referred as the HP Smart App. You can set up the printer on a wireless network using the HP App. You can print, scan and fix printer’s troubleshoot.
To install the HP Smart App, in android device, first, connect the device and the printer to the same wireless network. On your device, from the Google Play Store, download and install the HP Smart App.
After the install is over, open the app, and click the Start button. Read and accept the terms and condition. Select Continue. On the app, in the home screen, click the plus sign. The app searches the printer connected to the network.
If the printer is already connected to the network, click the printer name of your choice. If you set up a new printer, tap Add Printer or Set up a new Printer. Follow the instructions on the screen to complete the printer setup.
For an Android OS 7 and later device, if not able to complete the 123.hp.com/setup 5255, switch off the cellular data temporarily and try again. For an Apple device, connect the Apple iOS device and your printer to the same network.
On the Apple device, from the App store, download and install the HP Smart App. After the download is over, open the app and click the Start option. Read and accept the terms and conditions and click Continue.
The app starts to search the printer that connects to the network. If the printer is connected to the wireless network, the app automatically selects the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer. To set up a new printer, click the plus sign.
Select Add Printer and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the 123.hp.com/setup 5255. If you face any issue to complete the printer setup, make sure your phone is on 2.4 GHz band. If the router is set to 5 GHz, the printer cannot connect to the network.
Make sure the Smart network switch option is turned off in the Wi-Fi settings. If multiple wireless printers is connected, turn off all the printers expect the 123.hp.com/oj5255 printer you use. Most of the issue gets resolved by restarting the printer and mobile device.
If the wireless connection is slow, restart the router and check the connection. This app provides how to print from android application, open the HP Smart App. Select the Print Documents or Print Photos option to print.
Select the document or photo of your choice to print or select the photo from the cloud storage or social media. A preview of the document or photo displays. Choose the Print option to print. To scan documents or photos, place the document or photo on the scanner glass.
Open the HP Smart App and click either Scan, Scan to Email, or Scan to Cloud. Make sure on the Apple device, in the scan type, the scanner is selected. Select the Settings icon on the scan screen. Click Done.
To preview the scan and adjust borders, click Scan. To scan additional pages, click additional pages icon. When the scan is over, click Send, Save, Share or Print. With the help of the HP Smart app, you can check the ink level.
On the HP Smart app, in the home screen, click the Printer Information icon. In Supported Cartridges, identify the ink cartridges that work with the printer. Click Buy Now to order ink cartridge.
How do you want Us To Support?
123-hp.business provide you with technical support and is an independent service provider for third party products. The images, products, brands and names displayed on the website are of third party providers, used to furnish information. We do not own or claim any affiliation or endorsement of the third party products listed on our website. Driver can be downloaded from our website.