Solution for HP Printer Troubleshooting Issues
class="column">Just like any other device hp printer problems occurs. The issue has to be resolved before you can start using the printer. Problems can range from super easy to be resolved to need utmost care and attention. But with the right set of instructions, the troubleshooting can be done right and quick enough that you don’t have to be working on the printer all day. Check out the documents listed below to learn how to solve the HP Printer Troubleshooting Issue occurs in a printer.
- If your printer does not maintain a wireless connection, restart the printer and the router to resolve any connectivity issues.
- If you are on a Windows PC, run the Print and Scan Doctor and follow the instructions on the screen to finish the troubleshooting process.
- On the LCD panel of your printer, check if the light next to the wireless icon is stable. This indicates the status of the printer’s wireless signal.
- If the light is on but you still have connection issues, connect the Wireless Network Test Results to identify the network problems.
- If the light is blinking, connect the printer back to the wireless network and if the light is off, turn on the wireless signal on the printer so it can connect to the network.
- HP Printer Troubleshooting – During a paper jam, clear out any paper stuck in the input and output trays. Pull out the tray and gently take out the jammed paper without tearing it.
- Check the paper stuck in the ink cartridge area. Turn off the printer and disconnect the power cord and open the cartridge access door.
- Remove the paper path cover and locate any paper jammed inside. Hold the paper and slowly pull it out towards you to remove the paper.
- Now turn on the printer and open the cartridge access door. Wait until the printer becomes silent and disconnect the power cord with the printer turned on.
- Check for any paper stuck inside and make sure the carriage is able to move freely. Clear out any jammed paper in the rollers and reset the printer.
Clean the scanner with a soft cloth sprayed with water. Be sure to not spray the water directly on the scanner glass. The quality issues might be due to the presence of any fingerprints or smudges on the scanner glass. Check if the issue has been resolved after cleaning the scanner glass.
On a Windows PC, change the scan settings using the HP Printer Assistant or the HP Solution Center. On a Mac, do the same using the HP Easy Scan for Macs running Mac OS or OS X 10.9 and later. Use the HP Scan for Macs running OS X 10.11 or earlier. Try scanning a document.
If the above-mentioned steps have not helped you resolve the hp printer problems, reset the printer. With the printer turned on, unplug the printer and wait for a minute. Connect the power cord back into the printer after a minute and turn it on if it does not automatically turn on. Load a document and try to scan.
Make sure that the cartridges you’re using are genuine cartridges manufactured by HP. Third party cartridges will not work with HP printers.
Check the ink levels to make sure they’re not empty. On the printer’s control panel, open the dashboard and click on Ink Level indicator to check the ink level.
To replace an ink cartridge, open the cartridge access door and wait until the printer becomes silent. Push on the cartridge to release it and then pull it out.
Unpack a new cartridge and remove the packing tape on it. Hold the ink cartridge by its sides and twist the orange cap to remove it.
Hold the ink cartridge in a way that the copper contacts are facing the printer. Insert it into the slot with the letters on the cartridge matching the ones in the printer, by following the above steps you can easily solve the HP Printer Troubleshooting Issues for Ink Cartridge.
Do You Need Printer Solutions?
123-hp.business provide you with technical support and is an independent service provider for third party products. The images, products, brands and names displayed on the website are of third party providers, used to furnish information. We do not own or claim any affiliation or endorsement of the third party products listed on our website. Driver can be downloaded from our website.