Solve HP Officejet 6700 Troubleshooting Issues
Some common issues related to printhead and ink cartridges can be resolved by following the hp officejet 6700 troubleshooting. The error messages such as Missing or Failed printhead, ink cartridge problem, and printer offline are encountered repeatedly in printer. Automated tools and steps are given to resolve any error occurring in your printer.
HP Officejet 6700 Not Printing Issue
The printer issue can be resolved using the Print and Scan Doctor. Perform the troubleshooting methods given below to solve the printer issue.
Why Won't My HP Officejet 6700 Printer Print?
- For HP Officejet 6700 Not Printing Issue, Download the HP Print and Scan Doctor for your printer from the web.
- In the Downloads folder, click on the HP Print and Scan doctor.
- Click Start and choose your printer model.
- Make your printer model as the default printer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to run the HP Print and Scan Doctor.
- Try to print a sample page. If the error prevails, manually set your printer as default printer.
- Search for Printers and Scanners in the search window.
- Go to the Printer and Scanners and choose your printer model.
- Assign your printer model as the default printer and try printing a sample page.
- If the error persists, hp officejet 6700 troubleshooting the printer connectivity.
HP Officejet 6700 Printhead Missing Or Failed Issue
A Missing or Failed Printhead error message occurs on the printer control panel indicating an ink system failure, Click Here for HP Officejet 6700 Printhead Cleaning.
Solve HP Officejet 6700 Printhead Missing or Failed Issue?
- Turn On your HP Officejet 6700 printer and wait until the printer is idle.
- Remove the power cord from the printer.
- Wait for sometime and plug the cable back into the wall outlet.
- Press and hold the power button at least for three seconds.
- The printer will be reset, and the initial settings will be retrieved.
- Try to print a sample page.
- If the error persists, check the printer connectivity.
- Remove the ethernet cable and examine for defects.
- Use a new ethernet cable if you find any damage.
- Select a document or photo and try printing a test page.
Solution for HP Officejet 6700 Ink Cartridge Problem
The HP Officejet 6700 Troubleshooting – error messages such as Cartridge problem, Ink cartridge failure, and Incompatible ink cartridge will be displayed on the printer control panel indicating a problem in the ink cartridge.
How to Solve HP Officejet 6700 Ink Cartridge Issue?
- Use genuine HP ink cartridges in your HP Officejet 6700 printer.
- Open the ink cartridge access door and take out the ink cartridge.
- Inspect for ink residues on the copper-colored electrical contacts.
- Reinstall the ink cartridges into the slot.
- Make sure that you install the ink cartridge with the matching color dot on the printer.
- Print a sample page. If the error persists, proceed to reset your HP Officejet 6700 printer.
- Detach the power cord connecting the printer and wait for sometime.
- Re-establish the connection and turn On the printer.
- Clean the ink cartridge contacts using a lint-free cloth.
- Try printing a test page.
Solution for HP Officejet 6700 Not Scanning Issue
Perform the standard troubleshooting steps to the resolve the scanning error in HP Officejet 6700 printer. If the error prevails, service the printer in an authorized service center.
Why is My HP Officejet 6700 Printer Not Scanning?
- Turn On the HP Officejet 6700 printer by pressing the Power button.
- Detach the power cord from the printer.
- Disconnect the wire connecting the wall socket.
- Wait for at least a minute.
- Re-establish the connection between the printer and electrical outlet.
- Power On the HP Officejet 6700 printer and try printing a sample page.
- If the hp officejet 6700 troubleshooting error persists, update the printer firmware.
- Touch HP ePrint on the printer control panel.
- Go to the Check for Product Updates option and touch Auto Update for the printer to update automatically.
- Try printing a sample page after sometime.