Instant Steps for HP ePrint Setup
A cloud-based service that generates prints easily from your Android, Smartphone or Tablets. Print from anywhere with a live Internet connection. You can email the document or photo you need to print directly to the HP ePrint Setup enabled printer.
Step 1: Gather HP ePrint Setup Requirements
Before setting up your Printer for HP ePrint, you should be aware of certain factors. The printer cannot use HP ePrint unless it meets the requirements given below.
Do not use a USB cable to connect your HP printer to a computer or to any mobile device, as HP ePrint does not work when a USB cable is connected.
- For HP ePrint Setup, Make sure the printer you are using supports HP ePrint.
- Look for the HP ePrint button on the control panel of your HP Printer.
- If the HP ePrint button is not available on the control panel of your printer, go to the Web Services Setup,Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to find the Web Services menu.
- The name of the Web services menu will be varied depending on the printer model.
- Go to HP Mobile Printing Solutions Compatible with Printers, if you are unaware about whether your printer supports HP ePrint.
- Your computer should be connected to either a wired or wireless network.
- Your HP Printer should have an Internet access.
- If you have made a wired connection (Ethernet connection) with your HP Printer, make sure the light blinks on the Ethernet port of your printer.
- See to it that the green light is steady and the orange light is blinking while the cable is connected to the port.
- If you have made a wireless connection with your HP printer, make sure that the wireless feature is turned ON in your printer.
- Ensure that your HP Printer is connected to the same network as of your computer.
- Some printers have a wireless icon on the control panel and a blue light on the front panel. Confirm that the lights are on and not blinking.
Step 2: Enable Web Services
- Enable Web Services either from the control panel of your HP Printer or through the Embedded Web Server (EWS).
- Activating Web Services on your printer lets you communicate over the internet with web-connected printing services. The web-connected printing services include HP ePrint.
- Make sure that Web Services is turned on and the firmware is updated before you proceed to use HP ePrint.
- Turn on Web Services directly from the display of your HP Printer. Click Update, if the computer flickers a message to update the firmware.
- Then, touch the HP ePrint button on the printer's control panel.
- If the HP ePrint button is not available on the control panel of your HP Printer, go to the Web Services Setup,Network Setup, or Wireless Settings to open the Web Services menu; the web services option differs depending on your printer model.
- If the display prompts to turn on Web Services or HP ePrint Setup, touch or press Turn On, Enable, or Setup, depending on your printer model and then proceed to the next step.
- If the printer prompts you to update the firmware, touch OK or Update.
- When there appears a Web Services Summary screen or connected status , it indicates that Web Services is already turned on.
- To obtain an information page, click Print Info and then proceed to the next step.
Step 3: Obtain the email address of your HP Printer
- After initiating Web Services, stay up for your printer to print the Instructions page. The information page includes information about Web Services in addition to your Printer’s email address or the printer claim code.
- A delay befalls while the printer prints the information page. If you have turned ON Web Services, but the printer does not print the information page, hold on for about 5 to 10 minutes.
- If the printer still does not print the information page, turn OFF Web Services and then turn it ON again to obtain a fresh information page.
- Look for the printer’s email address on the information sheet, and then proceed to the next step.
- If the printer’s email address is not included in the information sheet, consider the printer claim code as your printer’s email address. For instance, the printer’s email address will be visible as [email protected]. com will be the common domain address for all printer claim codes, this differs from one printer to another.
Step 4: Printing with HP ePrint Setup
Print from anywhere using your hp mobile printing device, Computer, laptop or tablet as long as you have an Internet access and an email account. Before sending an email using HP ePrint, ensure to review the following HP ePrint email requirements.
- In the To field of your Mailbox, enter the email address.
- If you want to add further recipients, enter the email address in the cc: field.
- Type the subject name in the subject field. Sometimes, if the subject line is unfilled, the HP ePrint server might cancel the print job.
- The total size of the email should not go beyond 10 MB or less, including attachments.
- Not more than 10 attachments should be attached per email print job.
Step 5: Easy HP Mobile Printing Document & Photos
- After HP ePrint Setup, Open the HP ePrint app on your mobile device, tap the document or photo that you want to print using your device.
- Once you choose the document or photo, tap Preview, based on the mobile device you use. A print preview screen will be displayed.
- Tap Edit on the preview screen, and then locate the app editing tools to regulate the settings and to make further changes to the document or photo print settings.
- Touch Done and come back to the preview screen, and then touch Print.