About 123.hp.com/envy5540 Printer
The 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer is a solid printer that can be used with ease at home. it goes well beyond the basic features provided by an inkjet printer and also has the option of connecting to wired or wireless networks. Beyond that, it comes enabled with the option of printing form mobile phones of Android and Apple make, making printing a whole lot easier for the tech savvy community that is always on the go.
Instant HP Envy 5540 Setup – Unboxing
To unbox and install the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer, unpack the printer from the box it came in and remove all the packing material that came with it. Peel off all the protective tape that came with the printer and then you can proceed to connect the power cable of the printer. Now switch on the printer.
The description above deals with the first part of configuring a new printer. To complete the installation, the physical steps mentioned above are followed by technical ones, including software installation and configuration.
123.hp.com/setup 5540 - Driver Installation
On the control panel of the printer, update the settings required fro the language and date preferences for the printer. Now, proceed to install the printer driver and software. this can be done using the software installation CD or you cam download it from the link given below. Once the driver has been setup and configured, you can start using the printer. Let's take a look at the steps in detail
HP Envy 5540 Driver Installation Steps
- place the software installation disc in the CD drive. the disc contents get displayed on the computer screen. Open the contents and run the installer.
- Follow all the prompts displayed on the installer. After the installation is complete, a message will display.
- Now use the printer to print or scan or copy.
- You can also click on the link below to download the printer driver. The driver will get downloaded based on the download capacity of your browser.
- Depending on whether you use a Mac or a Windows system, the downloaded file will be in .dmg or .exe format.
- Open the downloaded file by clicking on the downloads bar of your browser or open the Downloads folder in your computer and run the installer.
- The instructions will be displayed as is the case with using a software installation CD.
- Once you complete all the instructions, the software will be 123.hp.com/setup 5540 on your system automatically.
- You can start to use your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer for printing, scanning or copying purposes.
Easy HP Envy 5540 wireless setup
How to do HP Envy 5540 Wireless Setup?
Before you attempt to connect the printer to the wireless network, you should have the required software installed and your printer must be connected to the wireless network. The wireless network should be common for both your computer and printer. Use the steps given below for a guided wireless installation.
HP Envy 5540 Installation?
- First decide if you are installing driver using CD or download it.
- If its CD, then extract the contents in it from the pop-up window.
- Click or Run on the prompt and complete installation as per the notes.
- If not CD, then click the driver download link here on this website.
- Click the setup file based on the computer operating system you use.
- Run the setup file and finish the driver installation as per the guidelines.
This is the technical part we referred to earlier. You will have to install the software in order for the printer to be functional. The software is mandatory for the printer to function properly. There are different software versions available for Windows and Mac. Also, if you update the software on your computer, you will have to update the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer software as well. Keep updating the software as and when updates are released to keep your printer functioning well.
123.hp.com/envy5540 Printer Troubleshooting
There may be a variety of problems that crop up when using a printer. The information furnished below will help you troubleshoot a list of common printer problems and their solutions, Click Here, if HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge Problem.
Confirm that HP Envy 5540 Printer is connected to a wireless router.
Confirm that your printer has been connected to the wireless network. Even after establishing the connection, if the signal strength is weak, the 123.hp.com/setup 5540 will not be proper. Check the lights on the router, the green light should be stable and the orange light should flicker.
Comparing the IP address of the 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer with the test page address
To start printing wirelessly, you may need the IP address of the printer. This can be obtained by printing a network configuration page on your printer. Once you print a network configuration page, locate the IP address of the printer on the page. If the IP address on the paper matches the IP address of the printer, then the connection is successful.
Check your Network ID and Network name
To make sure the connection is successful, make sure that you have connected your printer to the correct wireless network. Check the name of the network and the password. Make sure that the password is entered correctly with the uppercase and lowercase letters properly denoted, to ensure successful network connection.
Instant HP Envy 5540 AirPrint Setup
AirPrint is a mobile printing solution that can be used for Apple devices and needs to have the appropriate mobile printing application installed. Go to the store on your Apple device and install the AirPrint application installed. Open the desired document through the AirPrint application and click on the Print option. Your printer will print the document with ease.
Easy HP Envy 5540 Cloud Print Setup
To print using Google Cloud Print, your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer must be registered on Google Cloud Print. Open the Chrome browser on your system and sign in to your Google account. Get your printer registered with Google Cloud Print to start printing using Google Cloud Print.
HP Envy 5540 ePrint Service
ePrint is a mobile printing solution offered by HP to print from Android devices using your printer. You will have to make sure that the printer is ePrint enabled and that both the devices in question are connected to the same wireless network. After the connection has been established and the ePrint application has been installed, you can start printing your documents using Hp ePrint.
HP Envy 5540 Windows 10 Setup
Your HP Envy 5540 printer is compatible with many versions of operating systems and that includes Windows 10. You should be aware that when you update the operating system to a further or more recent version on your computer, the printer driver should also be updated accordingly.
Fix HP Envy 5540 Wireless Setup Issue
- Check if the network strength is strong and if the computer is prepped for the network 123.hp.com/setup 5540.
- Switch on the printer and on the control panel of the printer, click on Wireless or Settings to check if Wireless is switched on on your printer. The light provided for the wireless icon must be steady.
- Your printer must be connected to your wireless network only. It may sometimes get connected to host or guest networks and can cause sluggish prints.
- Check and make sure that the router bandwidth is set to to 2.4 GHZ and not 5.0 GHz.
- Not all 123.hp.com/envy5540 printers can function on the 5.0 GHz band.
- You will need information on the name of the network, the network password and you must ensure that the computer and printer in question are connected to the same wireless network.
- Unplug any USB or Ethernet cables that have been connected and click on the Wireless menu on the control panel of the printer.
- Choose Wireless Setup Wizard and use the guides displayed on the screen to get your printer connected to the wireless network.
- If asked by the Wireless Setup Wizard to choose a connection type, choose Wireless.
123.hp.com/setup 5540 - Smart Devices
- To connect your Envy printer to smart devices such as an Android or Apple smartphone, you will have to install and 123.hp.com/setup 5540 the required application on your smartphone.
- The applications include ePrint for Android and AirPrint for Apple.
- After installing the required application, you will have to make sure that the printer and the smart device stay connected to the same wireless network as long as the print job is in progress.
- Open the application and access the image pr document that your wish to print. Start the print job by clicking on Print.
To print documents on your HP Envy 5540 printer, use the instructions given below. Please note that you will be able to make changes to the settings of your print job according tp your choices. Choose the color options, number of copies needed and more and update in the Settings before proceeding with the print job.
- Align the text and font size and change the required settings.
- Click File or the menu icon (in WordPad) and then click Print.
- For more advanced settings, click Printer Properties, Properties or Preferences.
- Modify the layout and paper settings for your required print job.
- Choose duplex printing option from the Printing shortcut tab if required.
- Change the necessary quality and color settings if needed.
- Click OK and then the Print option that executes the print job.
The provided steps has to be employede for printers that supports Winodws OS. Steps for printing documents from Mac computer is similar to the Windows. But a few changes after changing the display settings are click File and then Print from the doc , choose your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer name, select the required print settings and click Print.
HP Envy 5540 How to Scan & Copy Documents?
The process of copying or scanning a document is similar to that of printing. Let us take a look at the difference between a copy and a scan. When you scan, you take a digital copy of the required image or document and store it for later in a chosen location on yopur system. A copy on the other hand is a print of an already existing document, after being scanned. Both are essential business requirements and no printer is ever complete without these two.
To scan a document, follow the steps below:
- Place the desired document on the scanner glass using the guidelines inscribed on the glass.
- Click on the Scan icon on the control panel of the printer.
- Search for your printer model in the computer you are using and click on Show Scan Preview.
- Click on More or Advanced Settings to alter the quality or the color of the scan job.
- Choose the location where you want to save the scan and confirm the changes you have made.
- Now scan using your printer and after the scan completes, a preview of the scanned item will be displayed on your system.
- Now click on Save As and choose the appropriate file name for your scan job. Save it to any folder of your choice.
To copy either a document or photo, we recommend you follow these simple steps. Place the item on the scanner glass or ADF ascertaining that the print side faces the glass. From your 123.hp.com/envy5540 printer’s control panel home screen, tap Copy, tap on the desired settings for dual-side copying, resolution,etc and tap Done. Tap the Back symbol to go to the Copy screen and tap Black or Color to initiate the copy job.