Solution for HP ENVY 5540 Ink Cartridge Problem or Ink Cartridge Missing
If you find that the printer does not print after installing the cartridges or hp envy 5540 ink cartridge problem or the ink cartridge missing error message displays on the control panel of your printer. Use the following procedures to resolve the ink cartridge issue.
Step 1: Use an Authenticated HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges
Make use of the steps to check the ink and toner cartridge compatibility:
- Go to HP Sure Supply where you can but a genuine ink or toner cartridge for your printer and buy replacement cartridges and other supplies.
- Select the country or region or verify if it is mentioned properly at the bottom of the HP Sure Supply.
- You can order new supplies or verify cartridge compatibility with your printer by using the prompts displayed on the screen.
You can also buy an authenticated cartridges and supplies from other retailers. When installing genuine hp envy 5540 ink cartridges resolves the issue, stop the troubleshooting, Click here for HP Envy 5540 Setup.
Step 2: Check the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges
Check the ink cartridges to identify the faulty cartridges that are to be replaced.
Procedures to be followed to check the cartridges:
- Tap on your printer power button to turn it on.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door.
You will find a message in your printer’s control panel stating that the ink cartridge access door is open. Click Continue.
- Press the ink cartridge to release it from the slot.
- Check if there are any tapes that are clinging onto the ink cartridge nozzles if you detect it remove them.
- Re-insert the cartridge into the empty slot by sliding it towards in, and then ensure that the cartridge is fixed properly.
- Place the tri-color cartridge into the left side of the slot.
- Insert the black hp envy 5540 ink cartridges into the right side of the slot.
- Use the guides which are given above to remove, check and re-insert the other ink cartridges, if required.
- Lock the ink cartridge access door. When the door is closed, the message gets prompted stating that the cover or door must be closed to print. Verify that it is closed completely.
If you still find the hp envy 5540 ink cartridge problem, continue to the next step.
Step 3: Wipe the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge contacts
- Use a fresh and dry swab and distilled water to clean.
- Turn on your HP Envy 5540 printer.
- Unlock the ink cartridge access door and then disconnect the power cord.
- Unlink any USB cable that is connected to, remove the cartridge from the slot.
- Hold the sides of the cartridge, ensure that you do not touch the copper contacts on the cartridges.
- Use a moist and lint-free swab, clean the cartridge contacts and allow it to dry for few minutes.
- You can also clean the electrical contacts in the cartridge access area and allow the contacts to dry for a while.
- Once you are done, place the cartridges into its slot.
- Close the ink cartridge access door.
- Re-plug the power cable and the USB cable. Turn on the printer.
- If you still come across the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge Problem, go to the next step.
Step 4: Take off and re-insert the HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges
Use the guides again which you have done earlier to remove and reinsert the ink cartridges. Place the cartridges into the respective slot.
In case the error is not existent on your printer’s control panel and you are able to print, you can stop the troubleshooting steps.
If you still find the ink cartridge problem, go to the next step.
Step 5: Wipe the electrical contacts again
Cleaning your printer’s ink cartridge once again might help you to resolve the hp envy 5540 ink cartridge problem. Repeat the procedures that you have performed before to clean the electrical contacts on the ink cartridges.
Step 6: Reboot the HP Envy 5540 Printer
- Power on your printer and disconnect the power cable.
- Halt for a while.
- Re-plug the power cable on the printer and the wall socket.
- Press the power button to turn on your printer, if it doesn’t automatically turn on.
If the cartridge error still exists, move to the next step.
Step 7: Do HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridge Replacement
You need to replace the existing faulty cartridge with a new HP Envy 5540 Ink Cartridges and then align the printer.
For more information, contact our technical support team.
Step 8: Service the HP Envy 5540 printer
If none of the steps that is given above resolved the hp envy 5540 ink cartridge problem, you can service your Envy 5540 printer.