Easy 123.hp.com/oj5200 Setup
The foremost procedure to be carried out after purchasing the Officejet 5200 printer is to set it up. The best solutions on how to perform the unboxing process are given on 123.hp.com/oj5200. If you need any technical solutions on how to do the printer setup, contact us.
How to do HP Officejet 5200 Unboxing Setup?
- To 123.hp.com/setup 5200 the printer for the first time, discard all the packing materials connecting the power cable, set the preferences on the operation panel, load papers, place the cartridges, and install the driver.
- Look for an authorized seal on top of the printer’s box. Break the tape and open the shipment box.
- Remove all the accessories and take the printer out.
- Check if your Officejet 5200 printer meets all the requirements like temperature and humidity.
- Discard all the tapes from the outside region of the printer.
- Remove the film from the operation panel of the printer.
- Grasp the handles present on either side of the printer to open the ink cartridge access door.
- Discard all the protective materials and close the access door. Join one end of the supplied power cord to the 123.hp.com/oj5200 printer’s rear.
- Connect the other end of the cord to a working wall outlet. Power On your printer, tap the desired language and then touch the name of your country or region.
- Tap the Yes button to save the settings. A Welcome menu appears on the screen.
- Install the ink cartridges that are delivered along with your printer.
- After the cartridges are installed, touch the OK button on the printer’s panel.
- Open the input tray door and move the sliders to their outermost position.
- Place the papers with the side to be printed facing down. Push the paper stack until they reach the ends of the tray. Tap Done on the printer’s panel and close the input tray.
Free HP Officejet 5200 Driver and Manual Download
To access the complete features of the printer, downloading the software is an important step. The driver enhances the functionality of the 123.hp.com/oj5200 printer. A technical document that contains data regarding your printer is called manual. The software and the user guide can be downloaded for free.
HP Officejet 5200 Driver
The printer software sends commands to the printer on how to carry out operations such as printing, scanning etc. Every Windows and Mac computer has a separate driver that varies based upon the operating system used. Get the latest driver for your Officejet 5200 printer by clicking the Driver Download option. Are you having any queries? Contact Us.
HP Officejet 5200 Manual
A technical, comprehensive booklet that provides details about the Officejet 5200 printer is called as a manual or user guide. Refer to the manual to get the best solution on how to perform various processes in the printer. You can get a PDF copy of the manual by selecting the Manual Download button.
How to Install 123.hp.com/oj5200 Driver?
- The driver needs to be installed to perform several operations of the printer.
- Before downloading the software, make sure to update all the driver files on your computer.
- Ensure that sufficient space is there on the Personal Computer.
- Go to 123.hp.com/oj5200 and select the model of your HP printer.
- Choose the version of the operating system used on your Windows or Mac device.
- Delete all the temp files depending upon the print requirements, and download the Basic or Full Feature software.
- Press the Driver Download button to initiate the download process.
- Once the download completes, locate the driver file in the Downloads location.
- Double-click on the .exe or .dmg file.
- A Let’s Get Started window appears on the desktop.
- Choose Continue and select the Next option.
- Click Manual Setup for 123.hp.com/setup 5200 and select the connectivity type based on the specifications of your printer.
- Comply with the on-screen directions.
- Click the Finish button.
- Print a test report to verify if the software is installed correctly.
Quick 123.hp.com/setup 5200 Wireless
The wireless connection procedures are performed to link the printer to the Windows or Mac computer. The steps to perform the same are given on 123.hp.com/oj5200.
How to Connect HP Officejet 5200 to Wireless?
- Before starting with the wireless setup, get the network name and the WPA2 or WEP security passphrase.
- Link the Mac or Windows PC to the network to which you want to connect the printer.
- Turn On your HP printer, computer, and network router.
- Place your printer and computer close to the wireless access point.
- Unplug any USB or Ethernet cables that are connected to the printer.
- Link your printer to the network using the Setup Wizard.
- Go to the Home screen on the operation panel of your Officejet 5200 printer.
- Scroll through the menu and tap the Setup icon.
- Press the Wireless Setup Wizard option.
- Tap the name of your SSID from the list of available networks.
- Touch the OK button. If your network name is not found in the list, press the Enter New Network name option.
- Follow the on-screen instructions.
- Enter the password if prompted and press Done.
- A Summary menu appears on the screen
- Tap the OK button to end the wireless setup.
123.hp.com/setup 5200 Wi-Fi Direct
The Print-only connection option that is available in all wireless HP printers is named as Wi-Fi Direct. Follow the instructions given below.
- Ensure that the 123.hp.com/oj5200 printer is switched On and is in a ready state.
- Check if enough quantity of A4 papers are placed in the input tray.
- Open the Printers list in the Device settings menu.
- Windows 8.1: Choose the Devices option on the Charms menu.
- Windows 10: Select Settings from the Start menu. Choose Devices and then click the Printers & Scanners option.
- Select Add a printer or scanner.
- Choose the Show Wi-Fi Direct printers if the option appears on the desktop.
- Click the model of your HP printer that has DIRECT in its name.
- Open the WPS menu by clicking the Add Device option.
- Navigate to your printer and based on the model, a connection request message with the PIN displays on the operation panel.
- If the PIN is not displayed, a report will get printed with the WPS PIN on it.
- Navigate to the computer’s screen.
- Enter the WPS PIN on the window.
- Choose Next to finish the Wi-Fi Direct 123.hp.com/setup 5200.
- Now you can access various functions of the printer.
123.hp.com/oj5200 Ink Cartridge
A disposable container that contains the ink required to perform the printer operations is called an ink cartridge. The cartridges used in the Officejet 5200 printer are HP 302 Black and HP 302 Tri-color.
How to Replace HP Officejet 5200 Ink Cartridge?
- Check the ink levels of your printer and replace the cartridges if they are low or empty.
- Locate the Power button on your printer and force press it to switch on the device.
- Keep plain white papers in the input tray.
- Hold the handles that are present on either side of the Officejet 5200 printer and raise the access door.
- The carriage slides to the left of the HP printer. Wait until the device stays idle.
- Raise the lid on the slot and remove the old cartridge.
- Obtain cartridges that are compatible with your printer.
- Make sure to touch only the black plastic present on the cartridge.
- Discard the protective tape by removing the orange tab.
- With the nozzles facing the 123.hp.com/oj5200 printer, keep the cartridge into the slot, and push until it clicks into place.
- To secure the cartridges, close the lid on the slot.
- Insert the other cartridges by following the above steps if required.
- An alignment page gets printed by the printer.
- Wait until the page gets ejected fully and place it in the scanner glass.
- Tap the OK button present on the operation panel of your printer to align the cartridges.
How to Refill HP Officejet 5200 Ink Cartridge?
- Refilling the ink cartridges is not suggested as it might cause leakages that can cause issues in the Officejet 5200 printer.
- Purchase an cartridge refill kit that contains a needle, hand gloves, syringe, tissue papers, and safety pins.
- Check if your printer is powered On.
- Lift the access door and take the empty cartridges out of the slot.
- Place the cartridges to be refilled on the tissue paper.
- Locate the holes on the 123.hp.com/oj5200 ink cartridge. A sponge area present in the cartridge leads to the ink tank.
- Expand the hole by inserting a sharp pin.
- Make use of the syringe to eject ink from the bottle.
- Keep the syringe into the cartridge and make sure not to overfill the ink.
- Reinsert the cartridge into the appropriate slot and lower the access door.
How to Print from 123.hp.com/oj5200 Printer?
A print job is carried out when the information is transferred from the Windows or Mac computer to the Officejet 5200 printer.
- To carry out the print operation, keep a sufficient amount of unused papers in the main input tray.
- Ensure that 123.hp.com/setup 5200 is done with the compatible ink cartridges.
- Click the Menu or File icon and select the Print option to open the General print settings window.
- If you want to access more quality and layout features, choose the Properties, Printer Properties, or Preferences option.
- The Document Properties or Printing Preferences menu appears on the screen.
- Alter the layout and paper settings that are required for your print job.
- The menu names and settings changes based on the model of your printer.
- Select the relevant type and size of the paper.
- To obtain the best printing results, alter the color and quality settings.
- Click the orientation as Portrait or Landscape.
- Make necessary changes to your print job.
- Select the OK button and then choose Print.
How to Scan from HP Officejet 5200 Printer?
Scanning is a function that is performed by HP printers in which a digitized format of the text or image is obtained.
- To carry out the scan function, download and install the Full Feature driver from 123.hp.com/setup 5200.
- Open the HP Printer Assistant software on your desktop.
- Click the Start icon on your Windows 8.1 device.
- Select the model of your HP printer.
- For Windows XP or Windows 8.1 operating systems, select the Start icon on your system.
- Choose the All Programs option and click HP.
- Select the icon of your 123.hp.com/oj5200 printer to open the HP Printer Assistant software.
- If you are using a Windows 8 device, right-click on any empty area in the Start window.
- Choose All Apps and click the model of your HP printer.
- Select Scan and then choose the Scan a Document or Photo option.
- Make necessary changes to your document in the Settings menu.
- Select the Scan option.
How to Copy on 123.hp.com/oj5200 Printer?
A function that is similar to Scanning is performed by a multi-functional printer. Carry out the procedures provided below.
- Keep a sufficient amount of unused papers in the main input tray.
- Open the scanner lid.
- Place the file to be copied on the scanner glass.
- Lower the scanner lid.
- Move the paper-width guides until the document to be copied is detected by the Officejet 5200 printer.
- Do not keep a thick copy of originals as they can cause paper jams and the printer functions cannot be accessed.
- Tap the Start Copy Black or Start Copy Color button.
- Press the Start Copy Black or Color button multiple times if the number of copies have to be increased.
- The printer starts the Copy function after the last button is selected.
- If your printer has a touch-panel, press the Copy button on it.
- Touch Start and navigate to the Main window.
- Tap the Start Black, Start Color, or OK button.
How to Fax from HP Officejet 5200 Printer?
The process of transmitting a scanned document or image through a telephone number that is linked to the 123.hp.com/oj5200 printer is named faxing.
- To set up the fax service, a modern telephone service is required.
- If the telephone cable is not provided in the carton, make use of a cable that has four wire leads.
- Do not use a cable that has got two wire leads.
- Insert the 1-LINE jack at the back of your printer.
- Connect the phone cable into the phone wall jack.
- If you want to use an answering machine, connect one end of the two extension jack to the Officejet 5200 printer’s rear.
- Try to plug the other end of the phone cord to the answering machine.
- Now set the preferences on the operation panel of your printer.
- Navigate to the Fax Setup window on the printer’s panel.
- Your name, phone number, and other details are included in the fax header.
- To check if the fax 123.hp.com/setup 5200 was done correctly, touch Run Fax Test or Fax Test Report.
- A page gets printed by your printer.
How to Solve HP Officejet 5200 Troubleshooting Issue?
The instructions that are carried out to fix several issues that occur in the printer is referred to as troubleshooting. You can download the user guide and refer to the steps given on it to rectify the issue. If you need customer solutions in resolving the errors, contact us.
Why is My HP Officejet 5200 Offline?
The printer offline error usually happens when there is a lack of communication between your Windows or Mac computer and printer.
- Reset the entire printing environment by turning Off your printer.
- Wait for about ten seconds and then unplug the power cord from the Officejet 5200 printer’s back.
- Turn Off the system that you are using to perform the print operation.
- Reconnect the power cable to the rear of your printer.
- Press the Power button on your 123.hp.com/oj5200 printer to turn it On.
- Restart the network router if you are using a wireless connection.
- Detach the power cable from your wireless router.
- Wait for about ten seconds and replug the cord to the router.
- Do not continue until the network lamp is stable.
- Turn On the wireless connection and the PC. Check if the error is rectified.
How to Solve 123.hp.com/oj5200 Ink Cartridge Issue?
An Ink Cartridge Problem or Incompatible Ink Cartridge error message might display on the operation panel of your Officejet 5200 printer.
- Make sure to 123.hp.com/setup 5200 cartridges that are compatible and genuine with your printer.
- Turn On your device and raise the ink cartridge access door.
- The carriage inside the printer slides to the replacement position.
- Ascertain that the Color icon on every cartridge matches the Color dot present on the carriage slot.
- Check if there are any unseated cartridges in the carriage area.
- Place all the cartridges into their slots.
- Raise and lower the latch that is present on the printhead.
- Close the access door and verify if the problem has been resolved.
- Clean the contacts that are present on your cartridge.
- If the issue persists, reset your Officejet 5200 printer.
Why is My HP Officejet 5200 Printer Not Printing?
The issues in the print job happen because of many reasons. Carry out the steps given below to resolve the issue.
- Ensure that you have inserted the cartridges correctly.
- Make sure to load the correct type and size of the paper.
- Ascertain to use ink cartridges that are compatible with the Officejet 5200 printer.
- Check if the printer software is corrupt or outdated.
- You can get the latest version of the driver.
- Go to the Control Panel window on your computer.
- Choose Devices and Printers.
- Find the name of your 123.hp.com/oj5200 printer in the list.
- Right-click on the model of your HP printer and choose the Set as Default Printer option.