HP Envy 6255 is a wonderful photo printer that prints the photos in realistic colors. The paper that you use to print pictures is the best part here. The printer setup does not take you even minutes as the wireless network gets configured automatically when you install the printer driver. Easy and quick mobile printing adds another star to this printer. Also, the quality of images printed from the mobile is convincing. It supports duplex printing but not automatic. Android mobile users can have a great time by printing on-the-go with HP ePrint and Cloud. It’s a multifunction printer so that you can print, scan and copy from the place you are.
Envy 6255 Printer Review
This printer supports HP Instant Ink Program service that saves the cost of your ink cartridges when accounted annually. You can print borderless photos using this printer. It supports printing on a Wireless-Direct network that allows the user to connect and print from more than one device at the same place.
The overall feedback of the 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer is satisfactory and recommendable to any home user for availing the best photo prints.
WI-FI SETUP – HP Envy 6255 PRINTER
The procedure that is explained below helps you connect your mobile device or computer to Wi-FI-Direct or HP Wireless Direct network:
- This is applicable for both Windows and Mac users.
- Enable the Wi-Fi Direct from the control panel of the printer. Turn on the Wi-Fi radio on your mobile device and then get connected to the network.
- With the help of Add a Device Wizard, let’s try connecting the printer to the Wi-Fi direct network.
- Ensure that the printer is installed with the latest driver on your computer or laptop.
- To enable the Wi-Fi Direct on your 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer from the printer with a control panel, tap the Wireless Direct icon to view the Network name and the password.
- To find the network name and password for a printer that does not contain a control panel, tap the information button to print a report.
- If there is no information button available on the printer, press and hold the resume button for a few seconds to print the report and then view the WI-Fi network name and password.
- From the Windows, look for Devices and Printers and then select it from the list of results. Click on the Add a device option, choose Direct-xx-HP Envy Photo 6255 from the list and then click Next.
- Complete the network setup by entering the network password when prompted in the Add a Device Wizard.
- Mac users- Ensure that the Wi-Fi Direct is activated on your printer. Simultaneously, enable it on your computer too.
- Click the Wi-Fi logo or icon and select the Wi-Fi network name such as Direct-xx-HP Envy Photo 6255(printer name); type the Wi-Fi network password if prompted.
- To add the printer, go to System Preferences and based on the version of your Mac operating system, click Printers & Scanners.
- On the left side of the window, click on the Plus symbol below the printers list.
- Choose your respective printer with the name Bonjour appearing beside its name and then click Add. Now your 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer is all set to work on a Wi-Fi Direct.
Printer Driver and Manual Download Procedure
The driver download for Windows and Mac is similar except choosing the setup file.
- You can use either the installation CD that has been provided to you along with the printer or it can be downloaded even here.
- If you are planning it to get it from us, then click on the Download link; the driver file gets downloaded in the Downloads folder of your computer.
- Click the driver file and that pops-up a window prompting to click Run or Save. If you are Windows user, .exe file is available to install the driver.
- When you click on Run or Save, the installation process initiates and then follow the prompts to complete the driver installation on your Windows computer.
- If it’s a Mac, then you will see the setup file in .dmg format. Click on it, follow the prompts and proceed to install the latest driver on your Mac computer.
- To start off with the alternate driver installation method, insert the disc into the computer disc drive and wait for the folders to display on the screen.
- Open the folder that is recommended by the installer and access the driver setup file. As specified in the previous method, click .exe file if you are a Windows user.
- Double-click the setup file, follow the prompts displayed by the installer and complete the installation. And for Mac, double-click on the .dmg file, proceed with the prompts and finish the driver setup.
- We provide the latest full-feature driver for your printer.
- Our user manual consists of a complete guide about your printer and the step-by-step instructions for configuring the network and also troubleshoot the printer issues without the need of a technician.
- For any clarification with your 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer, click on the manual download and keep the document ready for your convenience.
123 HP Envy 4520 Printer – Troubleshooting
You may experience various issues with your HP Envy Photo 6255 printer but we help you with the troubleshooting steps to resolve it immediately. As it is an all-in-one printer, your printer may encounter issues not only with printing but also in scanning and copying.
Few frequent issues faced by the customers with a printer are – Print quality issue, paper jam, network scanner connection error, ink cartridge missing issue, etc.
To avoid print quality or missing cartridge issue, you need to maintain the ink cartridges properly. Keep cleaning the nozzles and electrical contacts of the ink cartridges when your printer troubles you with the quality.
If it’s a paper jam error, you need to make sure that the paper you use is not folded or curled. The most important thing to follow is, do not allow moist to residue on the paper.
You should reinstall the scanner software if a scanner error occurs suddenly and the printer’s scanner does not work.
To resolve basic issues with printing and scanning, keep the HP print and scan doctor tool installed on your computer. This tool will automatically diagnose and troubleshoot the print and scan issues. Get in touch with us if your 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer troubles you.
Printing, Copying and Scanning issues
- HP Scan Doctor is the tool introduced by HP that diagnoses and fixes the printing, scanning, and copying issues. This tool examines the working status of the printer spooler, print queue, device manager and conflicts with the device if any.
- Usually, HP Print and Scan Doctor tool is saved on your desktop screen. Double-click the tool to open it. Click Start on the Welcome Screen. Choose your 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer and then click Next.
- You will see the Finding and Fixing Problems screen on the desktop. Now, click on Fix Printing. The list of items that require action is displayed on the Window.
- The printer has passed the tests when a white checkmark is displayed next to it. Click Test Print or Skip.
- If there is a white wrench next to the printer, then the HP Scan Doctor tool has identified the issue and fixed it. Click Test Print or click on Skip.
- The printer has failed the test and requires the user to take action when a yellow exclamation in a triangle is displayed. But skip this step and click Test Print or Skip.
- If the symbol shows a red X mark, then follow the instructions on the screen to fix the issue.
- To fix the scanning issue with the printer using HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, access the tool from the Desktop.
- In the Welcome screen, click on the Start option, choose your printer and then click the Next button.
Click Fix Scanning on the Finding and Fixing Problems screen. From the list of actionable items suggested by the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool, validate the following:
- The printer gets a white check mark if it has passed the tests. Then, Click Test Scan or click Skip.
- If it’s a white wrench, then the tool has already diagnosed and rectified the issues with the scan. Now, click on Test Scan or Skip.
- Skip the step if the printer has failed the test and a yellow exclamation mark appears. Click Test Scan or Skip.
- Follow the instructions on the screen if you see a red X mark near the printer name to fix the issue.
- When the HP Print and Scan Doctor tool resolves the printing and scanning issues, automatically the issues with the copier should also get resolved. If not, we suggest you uninstall the 123.hp.com/envy6255 printer driver and reinstall it.
123 hp business provide you with technical support and is an independent service provider for third party products. The images, products, brands and names displayed on the website are of third party providers, used to furnish information. We do not own or claim any affiliation or endorsement of the third party products listed on our website. Driver can be downloaded from our website.