HP DeskJet 5810 Printer - First time Setting up the Printer for the first time
These days printers play an important role as a home office tool. Once you learn how to setup the printer, you can virtually print from anywhere and anytime. When setting up the printer for the first time, you need to unbox the printer and discard the wrapping materials from the printer, establish a cable connection, fill the ink tanks, install the printheads, mount paper into the input tray, align the printheads and prime the ink system and then install the printer software.
Step 1: To remove the printer from the box
Unbox your Deskjet 5810 printer. Remove all the tapes, stickers and packing materials from the printer.
- Unbox the printer.
- Discard all tape and packing materials from the printer.
- Raise the exterior door.
- Lift the printhead access door and discard the tape and wrapping materials.
- Discard the tapes and wrapping materials from inside the printer.
- Once you discard all wrapping materials, close the printhead access door and the exterior door.
- Make sure that you place the printer on an even surface.
- Plug in one end of the power cable to the printer’s rear side and the other end to the electrical socket.
- Now, turn on the Deskjet printer.
Step 2: To fill the ink tanks
You can fill the ink tanks with ink using the ink bottles that had been shipped with the printer.
- Make sure that you unlock the ink valve.
- Lift the ink tank lid and then remove the plug from the yellow tank.
- Take out the cap from the yellow ink bottle and then pull the seal tab.
- Replace and tighten the cap on the bottle and then you can open the lid.
- Now, turn the bottle upside down and then place the yellow ink bottle over the tank spout.
- You need to fill the ink tank up to the line on it. Remove and reinsert the bottle onto the tank spout if the ink did not run out of the bottle. Ensure that you avoid squeezing the bottle.
- Pull the ink bottle straight up after the yellow bottle is filled.
- Fill the other ink tanks by repeating the preceding steps.
- After filling the ink tanks, shut the ink tank lid.
Step 3: To install the printheads
Open the box that had been shipped with your HP Deskjet 5810 printer and then install the printheads.
- You need to open the packages and then remove the printheads.
- Pull the orange plugs straight up from the tops of the printhead to remove them.
- Open the printhead access door and exterior door with the printer turned on.
- You may notice that the printhead carriage moves to the center of the printer.
- Carefully push down on the blue printhead carriage latch. You may notice that the blue printhead carriage latch opens.
- Now, insert the printhead at an upward angle into the empty slot.
- Ensure that you insert the black printhead into the right side slot and tri-color printhead into the left slot.
- After inserting the printheads, carefully close the blue carriage latch by pushing down until it snaps into place.
- When you close the printhead access door, you may notice that a blinking P displays on the control panel.
- Now, close the exterior door.
Step 4: To insert paper into the tray
After installing the printheads, insert the plain white paper in the input tray.
- Raise the input tray.
- Now, adjust the paper width guide.
- Ensure that you slide the width guides all the way to the left side.
- Load the plain white paper into the input tray.
- Now, slide the paper width guide against the edge of the paper.
- Pull the output tray and then lift the tray extender.
- Now, proceed to the next step.
Step 5: To align the printheads and prime the ink system
- Aligning the printheads is necessary to achieve the best print quality of a document or photo. After aligning the printheads, the printer may start the process of priming the ink system.
- On the printer’s control panel, press and hold the Resume button for 3 seconds. The alignment begins when the blinking P changes to blinking A. You may notice that the printer prints an alignment page.
- Raise the scanner lid.
- Now, mount the alignment page with the print side facing down on the right-front corner of the scanner glass and then shut the scanner lid.
- Ensure that you position it according to the engraved guides around the scanner glass.
- Carefully shut the scanner lid.
- On the printer’s control panel, tap the Start Copy Color button. You may notice that the printer begins to align the printheads.
- Note that priming is complete when the rotating lines stop and 0 displays on the control panel.
Step 6: To install the printer software
The hardware setup for your HP 5810 printer is done. You can install the printer software from our website. Make sure that you do not connect the printer to a PC using a USB cable until the printing software prompts you to do. You can download the updated version of the printing software from our website and then install it on your PC.
123-hp.business is a third-party independent service provider for technical assistance with many major brands of hardware, software and peripherals. The brands, names, images, trademarks, products and services of third parties mentioned on this website are only for reference and to furnish information. We disclaim any ownership in, right to, affiliation with, or endorsement by, any such third parties unless stated. Users are advised to review our policies for website usage.