Deskjet 2540 – Service provided by us
How to setup Deskjet 2540 Printer?
Windows Deskjet 2540?
Wired and Wireless Printer setup
Driver and Manual download
123.hp.com/dj2540 First Time Printer Setup
- Take a glance at the instructions on how to personalize your 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer for the first time.
- After the printer has reached your door step, verify the components that came with your printer.
- If any of the components is missing you can call the dealer and ask for the product which is lost.
- It is necessary to remove all the plastic tapes and packing materials that are present in and around the printer. You will receive a power cord with your printer. Use it to connect the printer’s rear end to the power supply socket.
- Assemble all the accessories like ink cartridge, duplexer and secondary tray if you have used the guidelines provided in the documentation. Switch on the printer and then use our manual to connect the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer to an active Internet connection.
- To install the ink cartridge into its slot, you have to unlock the access door, drag the tab on your side, and insert the toner.
- Subsequently, drag it in until a click sound is heard. Trail the same procedures to install other cartridges too.
- Search for an appropriate software and driver to get installed on the computer connect the printer to.
- Usually, you have an installation CD with your printer package box. If not, download it from our website.
- Trail the on- screen instructions to avail the driver from our website. To get more ideas, call us.
Before you start to carry out the printer functionality, you should download and install the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer driver and software on your computer to which the printer is connected to. We offer the newest driver. It is advisable to download and install the currently updated version drivers so as to get the best out of your printer. Visit our website, enter your printer number, and avail the driver. Tap on Download. Unzip the downloaded file, install it on your personal computer. For further details, call us on the toll- free number pops on your screen.
How To Install?
- The instructions provided in this section let you install the HP printer on both the Mac and Mac computers. Make sure that your printer is on and is placed near to the computer.
- If you opt for a USB connection mode, check whether the cable you used is firmly connected between the computer and the printer.
- On your Windows, choose the settings option, and then go with the Device option followed by Choose Printers & Scanners.
- Tap on the Add a printer or scanner option which is prompted at the top of the page.
- After picking out your printer’s name, click Add a device and include the printer name to the list of available devices.
- Go with the printer i was not listed under the Add a printer or scanner icon if your find the printer is not available in the list.
- Then install the printer driver and software either by using CD or downloading it from our website.
- On your Mac computer, get directed to the settings option and then follow the on- screen prompts.
- Add the printer to the list with the help of on- screen instructions displayed on your monitor.
- Revert to our technical expert team, if you find any difficulties while installing your printer.
Deskjet 2540 Wired Connection
- You have to install an HP Printer driver on a computer you are using to setup a network- connected the printer with an Ethernet cable.
- Check whether the computer is connected to the router, if it is already connected.
- Affirm that the printer, router, and the computer are powered on. And then connect the cable to the printer port and to the router.
- Get the recent printer driver, follow the instructions displayed, and then install it on your computer.
- For more information regarding the Wired network connection, you can call us.
Deskjet 2540 Wireless Connection
- Keep the printer, wireless router, and the computer in the on state. Choose the connection type as Wireless.
- Check what is the network name and the password of the router with which you want to establish the network connection.
- Check whether you have enabled the wireless icon on the printer’s control panel and accomplish the connection using the prompts.
- Download and install the correct printer driver and software on the computer.
- To know more about the wireless connection mode, just give a call on the toll- free number.
- AirPrint mobile solution is for the Apple users which let them connect the mobile to the printer and print from mobile devices.
- To print using this AirPrint features your devices should have Apple iOS 4.2 and later. So check the OS version before you wish to print.
- Check whether you have connected your iPod, iPad, or iPhone, and the printer are connected to the same local network.
- It is necessary to establish the network connection by means of Wireless or Wi- Fi Direct or HP Wireless Direct based on your preferences.
- The AirPrint feature does not work when you connect the printer and the mobile device by means of a USB or Ethernet connection.
- Check whether the printer is on and is ready to print. Use the power button to wake the printer from the sleep mode.
- Select the document which is to be printed, click print. Click on the Select Printer, and then choose options.
- It is to change the necessary settings like paper size,type, and more. Choose the number of copies you want your printer to print.
- Finally, click on Print. When the printer is not discovered by the network, use our troubleshooting tips.
- For more details on how to use the AirPrint feature and to get high resolution photos, call us on the number which pops on the screen.
Your printer might stop functioning when it encounters any issues. You have to sort them out in order to resume the printer functionality. Here we have listed a few common issues which the 123.hp.com/dj2540 printer encounters in general. They might be network connection issue, ink cartridge issue, paper stuck in spooler, paper jam, wireless connection lost. For further details, give a call on the toll- free number.
How do you want Us To Support?
Here is our toll-free number 1844-246-7458 displayed for your ease.