123 HP Printers - AirPrint Setup
AirPrint Setup is the most useful feature introduced to the printing technology which enables you to print from your Apple device by connecting your HP Printer to a wireless network. Follow this instruction to print a document or file using HP AirPrint. Ensure that your printer is compatible with airprinting.
Guidelines to perform prints using Apple AirPrint
Step 1: Setting Up Your Printer
- Ensure that the printer is on and ready to print. Connect it to the network. Open the document, photo or e-mail you want to print.
- Tap on the small Action icon to display the menu options.
You cannot print a document or a photo using AirPrint method if you don’t find the small Action icon on it. Some applications do not support AirPrint yet. So the Action icon will not be displayed.
- Tap Print to open the Printer Options windows.
You may not find the Print option in many applications as they might not be compatible with Airprint.
It is impossible to print using AirPrint from that particular application if you don’t find the Print option.
- Tap on the Select Printer option from the Print Options menu. This will display the list of available printers that are connected to the network.
- Touch the name of your printer from the list of printers displayed on the drop-down menu.
- Set the number of copies you want to print and press the Print button if you don’t want to customise settings.
- Follow the steps given below if you want to change any settings.
Step 2: Customizing The Print Options
The options that are mentioned below might vary depending upon the model of your printer and the type of document you are printing.
Black & White: This option will be displayed only for color printers. This option is used to choose between printing a document in color or grayscale.
Page Range:This option helps you select the range of pages within a document which you wish to print.
Double Sided Printing: Touch the On button given next to Double-sided to enable printing on either side of the paper. You can turn it off if it’s not needed.
This option will be displayed on the Print Options menu only if your printer supports Duplex or double-sided printing.
Paper: This option lets you customize the size of the sheet or paper that will be printed. You cannot change the size of paper from your Apple iOS device.
After customising set the number of copies and touch Print to print the document.
How To Troubleshoot problems while printing using airprinting method:
If you are not able to print a document or photo using the airprinting method, follow these steps to troubleshoot it:
- Turn your printer on if it is switched off.
- Reboot your printer if it had already been switched on. Plug out the power cord and connect it back again.
- Check if you are able to print now after rebooting your printer.
- Ensure that your printer and your iOS device are connected to the same wireless network.
- Check if your printer is updated with the latest firmware version.
- Check if the printer has an adequate amount of pages, ink, and toner loaded on it.
- Confirm that no error message is displayed on your printer’s control panel.
Wireless printers take quite some time to get connected to the wi-fi network after they are turned on. Ensure that a secure connection is established before attempting to print using AirPrint.
HOW TO CANCEL A PRINT JOB USING YOUR APPLE DEVICE?
Cancel the print jobs from your AirPrint-enabled iOS device by performing the steps given below:
- From the printer’s control panel, click the Cancel button to call off the print job that you want to.
- From your Apple device, press the Home button twice, touch the Print Center icon that is shown at the lower side of the screen, and then under Print Summary tab, touch Cancel Printing.
An example showing how to cancel a print job from the Apple mobile.
Steps to follow when you receive No AirPrint Printers Found message on your Apple mobile:
Follow the steps given below to cancel a print job from your Apple device:
To cancel it from your Printer, press the Cancel button on your printer’s control panel.
To cancel it from your Apple device, tap the Print Center icon on the bottom of your home screen. In the Print Summary menu, click Cancel Printing to cancel the print job.
WHAT TO DO IF A “NO AIRPRINT PRINTER FOUND” MESSAGE DISPLAYS
Step 1: Move the printer and router close and ensure that there is no disturbance in connection.
Step 2: Reboot your printer, router, and system. Plug out all the power cords and plug them back. Make sure that your printer and iOS device is connected to the same network.Try printing a test page and if you are not able to print it, move to the next step.
Step 3: If your firmware software is not updated, you might face such issues. Download the updated firmware software from our website and install it on your system.
Step 4: Check if your Apple device’s firmware update is up-to-date. If you are prompted to update it, download the updates and install it.
Step 5: Check if your printer is compatible with the AirPrint option.
Step 6: Make sure that your router supports Bonjour. If not, use a router that supports Bonjour features.
Step 7: Try adding or printing from a different computer system or mobile with iOS.
- If the printer is found in the list, skip to the next step.
- If you are still not able to find the printer, go to our website for more troubleshooting techniques.
Step 8: Reset the printer by disconnecting and reconnecting the power cord.
Reach out to our customer support team on our toll-free number for further technical assistance on issues related to AirPrint connectivity.
123-hp.business is a third-party independent service provider for technical assistance with many major brands of hardware, software and peripherals. The brands, names, images, trademarks, products and services of third parties mentioned on this website are only for reference and to furnish information. We disclaim any ownership in, right to, affiliation with, or endorsement by, any such third parties unless stated. Users are advised to review our policies for website usage.